Safe Arrival, Family Portal
Attendance and Absences
Although children should be in school every day, we realize that there are times when this is not possible. Please call the school if your child will be absent for any reason. Please note any changes to your child’s regular afterschool routine in their agenda or notify the school. We also appreciate a phone call if your child has a childhood communicable disease.
Safe Arrival Program
With SafeArrival, you are asked to report your child’s absence in advance using any of these 3 convenient methods:
- Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (or from the links at School Messenger .The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Use the SafeArrival website ,School Messenger The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Call the toll-free number is 1-833-284-2716 to report an absence using the automated phone system.
In addition, we will use the SchoolMessenger Communicate automated notification system to contact parents whose child is absent when the absence was not reported in advance. The automated notification system will attempt to contact parents at multiple contact points until a reason is submitted for the absence. If our system is unable to reach the designated contacts, office staff will follow up.
If you report your child’s absence in advance using the SafeArrival toll-free number, website or mobile app, you will NOT receive these notifications.
The family portal allows parents to have access to the MyEdBC system where you can view report cards, attendance, demographics, and progress towards graduation.
Benefits of the MyEdBC Family Portal:
- Parents can easily access their student’s report card
- Increases the security and privacy of student information. With the Family Portal, report cards can be accessed on a secure web server as opposed to sent out via email or on paper.
- Parents can view up-to-date attendance information on the same day it is entered.
- Parents can view demographic information and contact the school should updates/changes need to be made